The easiest way to send and receive money
If you’re sending cash to someone for a birthday, paying a roommate for your share of the bills, or paying for everyday services such as babysitting or home repairs, Interac e-Transfer makes it easy!
Features of Interac e-Transfer
- Convenient: You can send or receive a transfer from anywhere at any time using your computer or smartphone. It’s available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Simple: To send money using Interac e-Transfer, all you need is the recipient’s email address or mobile phone number. To receive funds, you’ll need an account at a participating Canadian financial institution1.
- Secure: Your personal information is secure and you won’t need to add any of your personal account information when you send or receive money. Your funds are contained in our secure banking network until the recipient answers a security question of your choosing, which protects your funds from being received by the wrong person.
Sending Limits and Fees
There are limits to the amount you can send via Interac e-Transfer.
Per Transaction: $3,000
Per Week: $10,000
Per Month: $20,000
A non-refundable fee of $0.55 will be charged for sending an Interac e-Transfer.
Two new Interac e-Transfer features you’re sure to love
Request Money: Now you can request money that you’re owed. Simply select a contact, enter a dollar amount, and the account where you want your funds deposited. You can even add a personalized message or invoice number. Between friends, it’s an easy way to remind someone. For a small business owner, it’s an important tool to help streamline your payments.
Autodeposit: A new and secure way to receive money without having to answer security questions for every transaction, Autodeposit makes receiving money even easier by linking your email address to your bank account. When an Interac e-Transfer is sent, the payment is automatically deposited.
Sending your first Interac e-Transfer? Here’s how it works
Follow the simple steps below to send money easily, safely and securely:
- Log into SCU Direct® online banking and navigate to the Transfers screen. Or, log into SCU mobile app and choose Interac e-Transfer.
- Set up your sender profile and add your recipient. Make sure to create a Security Question that only your recipient can answer.
- Choose how to notify your recipient, the amount you wish to send, and which account the funds will be transferred from. You can also choose to send a special message.
- Send! The funds are debited from your account immediately.
- Your recipient will receive notification that you have sent them an Interac e-Transfer, and will follow the links provided in the email or text message to deposit their funds2.
- Once they have answered the security question correctly, they can deposit the funds immediately.